There are 6 item(s) tagged with the keyword "SB1070".
- Displaying: 1 - 6 of 6
- 2. Gila County GOP Headquarters: Grand Opening & Tom Morrissey Fundraiser - July 19
The Gila County Republican Committee announces its Grand Opening at the Payson Republican Headquarters this Saturday, July 19, starting at 10:30 am. Sheriff Joe Arpaio will cut the ribbon at 12 Noon.
Other special guests include candidate for Arizona Senate Tom Morrissey (LD18) and former Arizona Senate President Russell Pearce. Senator Pearce was the primary author of SB1070. That was the law that allowed a local law enforcement officer to detain and arrest an individual when they have probable cause to believe that person is an illegal alien violating our country’s immigration laws.
Click HERE to see the flyer. Please share with your friends and neighbors.
Tom Morrissey Fundraiser
Following the Grand Opening, there will be a fundraiser on behalf of Tom Morrissey, starting at 1:00 pm, to be held at Mount Cross Lutheran Church, 601 E. Highway 260, Payson. Sheriff Joe Arpaio will be the Guest Speaker. He will be joined by special guest former Arizona Senator Russell Pearce.It is critical that Tom Morrissey win the Arizona Senate race against Jeff Dial in Legislative District 18. Jeff Dial is one of 14 legislators that the Gila County Republican Committee voted to censure, along with Gov. Brewer, for their role in passing Medicaid Expansion. See GCRC Resolution to Censure Gov. Brewer and 14 State Legislators. In contrast, most Republicans stood firmly opposed to this damaging vote. See Arizona State Legislator Heroes.
Tom Morrissey was the Chairman of the Arizona GOP from 2011-2013. He was also the Chief Deputy U.S. Marshal for the Federal District of Arizona (Retired). Seating is limited. Tickets are $30 each, or 2 for $50.
Click HERE to see the flyer. Please share with your friends and neighbors.
For more information, please call the Republican Headquarters at 928-472-GILA (4452). They are open from 9 am - 6 pm, Monday through Friday.Click here to read more
- 3. Riggs Campaign Responds to False Attacks
Cave Creek, Arizona – One of Frank Riggs' opponents in the Republican gubernatorial primary election has circulated an inflammatory and wildly inaccurate mailer to Republicans statewide. In it, he alleges that Riggs "cites a single vote while he was a Congressman from California two decades ago as his 'experience' in fighting illegal immigration." In fact, Riggs, an Army vet, ex-cop and three-term U.S. Congressman, has substantial experience fighting illegal immigration.
These are the facts:
1) Riggs has been on the front lines of law enforcement as a police officer and deputy sheriff. He's actually worn the badge, put his life on the line, enforced the law, and arrested illegal immigrants for committing crimes!
2) As a Congressman and Vice-Chairman of the California Republican Congressional Delegation, Riggs helped secure the funding to build the fence on California's border with Mexico which now extends into the Yuma Sector of Arizona's border with Mexico. Riggs has promised to work with the Arizona congressional delegation to get the funding to secure the Tucson Sector of the border.
3) Riggs introduced and forced a vote on legislation patterned after California's Proposition 187 to prohibit federal taxpayer benefits for illegal immigrants. That was in 1998!
4) According to Numbers USA, the nation's largest organization, with two million members, advocating immigration reduction and opposing amnesty, Riggs received a grade of "A" for his congressional voting record. The organization "scored" 11 key votes during Riggs' three terms in Congress and ranked Riggs on those votes, not on a single vote as his opponent alleged. Riggs' votes were on congressional legislation to reduce chain migration; reduce refugee and asylum fraud; reduce amnesty entitlements; reduce anchor baby citizenship; reduce illegal immigration rewards; and reduce illegal immigration at borders. Here's the proof.
The same opponent also claimed in his mailer that Riggs "condemned SB 1070," yet this statement has been on Riggs' website for months: "I strongly support the provisions of SB 1070 that would allow a local law enforcement officer to detain and arrest an individual when they have probable cause to believe that person is an illegal alien violating our country’s immigration laws. – See more at: On the Issues - Frank Riggs. Riggs also has the endorsement and support of former State Senator and State Senate President Russell Pearce, the principal author of SB 1070!Click here to read more
- 4. Why Conservatives Support Frank Riggs for Arizona's Next Governor
When all else fails, please, study the candidate's record. The best indicator of future performance is past performance. Promises are meaningless without a record of performance that backs them up.
Frank Riggs has a very long principled conservative record, both in and out of office. He has stood firmly even when his stand was unpopular, because he had considered all the facts. His previous experience in the U.S. Congress has armed him with many facts that others don't have. Having served in Congress, he knows how to get things done at the federal level.
Frank Riggs's grasp of multiple, complex issues is impressive. Whether it's Common Core (Arizona's College and Career Ready Standards), Parental Rights/Educational Choice, Medicaid Expansion, Border Security, Private Property Rights, the Budget, the Right to Bear Arms, the EPA's threat to Arizona's economy, Arizona's Sovereignty, Water, Forests/Forest Products, Rural Issues, the Muslim Brotherhood, etc., Frank Riggs demonstrates indepth knowledge and leadership.
He is blessed with a high intellect and is his own man. He bristles at the idea of having any "handlers," which he neither wants or needs. He also stands up graciously under pressure and won't be intimidated.
There are few elected officials who have this capability. Former Senate President Russell Pearce, who recently endorsed Frank Riggs for Governor, is one of those people. You might remember him as the author of SB1070, which, among other citizen protections, gave Arizona's local law enforcement officers the authority to detain and arrest an individual when the officer has probable cause to believe that person has violated federal immigration law.
You might not know that Senator Pearce fought hard and successfully on behalf of parental rights and school choice. You also might not know that, like Frank Rigss, Russell Pearce served honorably in law enforcement. Click HERE to learn more about Russell Pearce's incredible record.Click here to read more
- 5. Darla Dawald to be Special Guest on Russell Pearce Show - Saturday Night
Please tune in to 960 AM The Patriot and join former Arizona Senate President Russell Pearce and special guest Darla Dawald on Saturday, April 5 at 7:00 pm. Darla is running for the Arizona State Legislature in LD8 against Frank Pratt and T J Shope. Both of these men voted for the Medicaid Expansion. Darla is a constitutional conservative and the National Director of the Patriot Action Network.
Click here to read more
- 6. The Russell Pearce Show: 960AM The Patriot
The Russell Pearce Show has launched on 960AM The Patriot; Arizona’s leading conservative hits weekend primetime radio
(Phoenix, AZ)—The Russell Pearce Show has officially launched on 960AM The Patriot, serving the Phoenix media market and also available live online to a national audience. 960AM The Patriot is owned by Salem Communications, a prominent national Christian and conservative media and publishing company which 99 radio stations in 38 markets, and the conservative blogs Townhall.com and Hotair.com.
The Russell Pearce Show airs live in prime time every Saturdays from 7:00PM to 8:00PM, immediately following Liberty Storm with Shane Krauser, and will feature weekly guests and take calls from listeners. The audience call-in number is (602) 508-0960.
“I am thrilled to once again bring a strong conservative voice to Arizona’s airwaves,” said Russell Pearce. “And I’m excited to continue being a thorn in the side of liberals who think America’s best days are long gone. They’re wrong. Our nation is worth fighting for and Arizona Constitutional conservatives and Tea Party Patriots are proof.”
The Russell Pearce Show will soon launch a corresponding website, Facebook and Twitter page, and Pearce said he would continue his state and national speaking engagements to further energize conservatives in 2014 and beyond.
For more information about former Arizona Senate President Russell Pearce:Click here to read more