There are 19 item(s) tagged with the keyword "Medicaid Expansion".
- Displaying: 11 - 19 of 19
- 11. Rep. Brenda Barton (LD6) Interviewed on Hair on Fire
Rep. Brenda Barton (LD6) is featured in this Hair on Fire radio interview with Barbara Espinosa. Rep. Barton has done a great job in the legislature, voting against the Medicaid Expansion and in doing all possible to remove Common Core (aka Arizona's College & Career Ready Standards) from Arizona. Brenda is a staunch supporter of agriculture in Arizona, which contributes billions of dollars to our economy! Brenda also focuses on water issues, to ensure that these resources support Arizonans.
Click HERE for the full interview.
Barbara Espinosa included the following biography about Rep Barton on the American Freedom by Barbara blog:Click here to read more
- 12. Obama to Brewer: "Ok, Sweetie. Now Dance for Me"
The photo in this article and this part of the lead sentence says it all:
"...a major victory in her battle against conservative members of her own party." With that, Brewer gets Obama's federal money to add hundreds of thousands of Arizonans to the Medicaid rolls.
Dance, Brewer, Dance, dance, and dance for Obama. He who has the gold rules.
Here's the story: Judge Tosses Lawsuit Challenging Brewer's Medicaid Expansion Plan. It's funny that the title is accurate calling it an "expansion. Yet in the body of the article, the Tribune first calls it a "restoration." These Leftist rags are so predictable.
- 13. State Rep Brenda Barton (LD6) to Speak at 1/16 Payson TEA Party Meeting
Please attend tonight's Payson TEA Party meeting to hear Brenda Barton, Legislative District 6 AZ House member, speak. Ms. Barton will share legislation that she and her colleagues will present at the upcoming Fifty-First Legislature - Second Regular Session. Click HERE to go to the Arizona State Legislature website.
Ms. Barton will discuss the 17th Amendment, education, health care, forest issues, etc. Please hear what she has to say and support her efforts.
Rep. Barton fought valiantly against expanding Medicaid in Arizona. Governor Brewer and 15 Republican legislators conspired with all the Democrats to accept $1.6 billion from the federal government, but only if the state agreed to expand its Medicaid program. As the saying goes, sooner or later the bill is presented. Arizona families will pay for the health care insurance of one-fourth of Arizona's population. See The Magnificent Arizona Republicans. Rep. Barton is the nineteenth speaker.
The Medicaid expansion will also expand taxpayer paid abortions, even though it is against the law to do so. See Arizona Rep. Steve Smith begs Republicans: "Don't Drastically Increase Abortions in Arizona." They didn't listen.
Rep. Barton also stood up to Speaker of the House Andy Tobin, when she wisely pulled a bad bill that he had asked her to co-sponsor relating to water issues. See HB2338 - Regional Water Augmentation Authorities.
The Payson TEA meeting will be held at Tiny's Restaurant, 600 Arizona Highway 260, Payson, from 6:00 - 7:30 pm.Click here to read more
- 14. The Lie that is Michele Reagan
by Christine Bauserman
Alliance for Principled Conservatives
Senator Michele Reagan from Legislative District 23 is the most effective traitor to ever serve in the Arizona Legislator. Michele can currently be found skipping through the state asking you to forgive her, again, for banding with a traitorous group of Republicans and voting, again, with the Democrats, and oh pretty please can you not add her name on that censure. Michele has been a traitor not once not twice but three separate times granting her the distinct status as “the traitor who has survived” and is now so emboldened by her ability to make excuses for rolling the Senate President and bringing Obrewercare to Arizona that she is asking for a promotion! She wants to be the next Secretary of State and probably has her eye on the governor seat.
To prove that good silver-tongued politicians from Chicago are not solely confined to the Democrat party, Michele is now running through the legislative district circuit lying about her vote for Obrewercare. And just in case you want to try and argue her mastery of the “excuse” she delivers by changing her story for different LD’s proving her knack for being consistently inconsistent.Click here to read more
- 15. Medicaid Expansion is not Insurance; It's a Loan
In a December 15, 2013 blog article titled "If you Like your house, You can Keep your house," the brave new world of "Medicaid Expansion" gets murky:
"On October 17, Beverly Woods asked a disturbing question on the DailyKos.com website.What happens to the assets of people who now meet the expanded criteria for Medicaid? Medicaid was designed to ensure healthcare for the truly destitute, and existing state and federal laws, regulations, policies, and procedures are based on the assumption that people on Medicaid have essentially no disposable assets. The Act Formerly Known as Obamacare changes that.
" Medicaid does not insure Americans against medical expenses--it loans them the money to pay expenses, and takes it all back when they die.
"You could call it a "death tax," if that term hadn't been taken. Next year, Americans who die with more than five million dollars in assets will pay 40% in taxes. Americans who die on Medicaid will pay 100% of their Medicaid expenses before their heirs get one penny.
"Family farm? Gone. Mom and Pop shop? Gone. Nana's house, with her snow-white picket fence around her prize-winning garden? Gone, gone, gone.
"Is there a way around this problem? There is not supposed to be, for long-term care expenses. The system is designed to loan money to people who have no assets, and to recover as much government money as possible from people who do have assets. Lots of people have tried to hide their assets from the government, with limited success. In particular, parents may not deed their houses over to their children to evade their debts--if they do, and incur medical expenses any time during the next 60 months, the children will be required to pay Medicaid back."
In a related by Dr. Jane Orient, titled ORIENT: Medicaid as a Tax on the 'estates' of the Poor, Arizona is specifically referenced. Dr. Orient practices internal medicine in Tucson, AZ, and is executive director of the Association of American Physicians and Surgeons. She states:Click here to read more
- 16. GCRC Resolution to Censure Gov. Jan Brewer and 14 State Legislators
On November 16, 2013, a potluck/meeting of the Precinct Committeemen representing the Gila County Republican Committee was held in Payson, Arizona. A motion to Censure Az. Governor and 14 State Legislators was made and seconded. The motion was approved. A copy of the resolution had been given to everyone.
County Republican Committee
P.O. Box 3377
Payson, Arizona 85547
A RESOLUTION OF THE
GILA COUNTY REPUBLICAN COMMITTEE (GCRC)
GILA COUNTY, STATE OF ARIZONA
ARIZONA GOVERNOR JAN BREWER AND 14 STATE LEGISLATORS
WHEREAS, Governor Jan Brewer conspired with 14 liberal Republican state legislators to form an alliance with the Democrat minorities in the Senate and House for the express purpose of thwarting the will of the .Republican majorities and violating the Arizona Constitution, the Republican Party Principles and the Republican Party Platform, including but not limited to the following:
• They implemented the passage of Medicaid expansion - a key part of the disastrous healthcare plan known as ObamaCare.
• They implemented government mandated national healthcare.
• They approved taxpayer funding for abortions and increased funding for abortion services.
• They expanded eligibility for welfare benefits, and invited 300,000+ new people into the welfare system.
• They raised taxes.
• They voted against tax relief and kept Arizona as the state with the second highest tax rate in the nation.
• They voted against auditing the Arizona hospital bed tax.
• They increased property taxes.
• The only tax relief they offered was for special-interest industries who could afford to hire lobbyists.
• They rejected a balanced budget and voted for one with a structural debt of $400 million.
• They removed government oversight for special interests.
• They voted against verifying citizenship as a requirement for Medicaid benefits.
• They removed funding for English immersion for non-English-speaking students, thus ensuring the continuation of the failed, Democrat supported bilingual programs.
- 17. PCRC Approves Motion to Censure Shope, Pratt, and Coleman
Sources from within the Pinal County Republican Committee (PCRC) have advised Gila Watch that today, November 16, 2013, the PCRC voted to:
"Censure Arizona Representatives Frank Pratt (LD8), T J Shope (LD8), and Douglas Coleman (LD16) for voting for the Medicaid expansion against the expressed position of this body and the Republican Party platform, aligning with the democrats and helping welfare expansion and Obamacare in Arizona. We therefore censure these legislators, and encourage other Pinal County Republicans to likewise disassociate themselves from any of these who may be candidates for office in the upcoming 2014 elections."
The motion passed with just under 70% of the vote.Click here to read more
- 19. Maricopa County Republican Committee's EGC - Resolution to Censure Gov. Jan Brewer and 14 State Legislators
On November 7, 2013, the Maricopa County Republican Committee’s Executive Guidance Committee (MCRC EGC) Passed A Resolution To Censure Gov. Jan Brewer And 14 State Legislators:
· Statement From A J LaFaro, MCRC Chairman: "It's unfortunate the Resolution to Censure even needed to be considered and voted on; however, the Republican Party is at a critical crossroads in its history. A majority of Republicans are frustrated and ‘mad as hell’ with people who say they are Republican but do not support the principles and policies set forth in the Declaration of Independence, the U.S. Constitution, and the Republican Party Platform. It's time to purge the Republican Party of the individuals who say they are Republican but support and vote with the progressive socialist Democrats,
According to Article I Section 1 of the MCRC Continuing By-Laws Revised January 12, 2013:
Section 1 - Objective
The objective of the MCRC is to uphold the principles and policies as set forth in the Declaration of Independence, the U.S. Constitution, and the Republican Party Platform.
We will promote the political education of all Republican Party workers and loyalty to the Republican Party platform. We will also support the election of our party candidates who uphold the principles and policies as set forth in the Declaration of Independence, the U.S. Constitution, and the Republican Party Platform. Our Republican members and the public should never forget what the Governor and 14 State Legislators did. These links should help.
A Resolution of the Executive Guidance Committee (EGC) of the Maricopa County Republican Committee (MCRC)Click here to read more