There are 4 item(s) tagged with the keyword "Russell Pearce".
- Displaying: 1 - 4 of 4
- 1. Riggs Campaign Responds to False Attacks
Cave Creek, Arizona – One of Frank Riggs' opponents in the Republican gubernatorial primary election has circulated an inflammatory and wildly inaccurate mailer to Republicans statewide. In it, he alleges that Riggs "cites a single vote while he was a Congressman from California two decades ago as his 'experience' in fighting illegal immigration." In fact, Riggs, an Army vet, ex-cop and three-term U.S. Congressman, has substantial experience fighting illegal immigration.
These are the facts:
1) Riggs has been on the front lines of law enforcement as a police officer and deputy sheriff. He's actually worn the badge, put his life on the line, enforced the law, and arrested illegal immigrants for committing crimes!
2) As a Congressman and Vice-Chairman of the California Republican Congressional Delegation, Riggs helped secure the funding to build the fence on California's border with Mexico which now extends into the Yuma Sector of Arizona's border with Mexico. Riggs has promised to work with the Arizona congressional delegation to get the funding to secure the Tucson Sector of the border.
3) Riggs introduced and forced a vote on legislation patterned after California's Proposition 187 to prohibit federal taxpayer benefits for illegal immigrants. That was in 1998!
4) According to Numbers USA, the nation's largest organization, with two million members, advocating immigration reduction and opposing amnesty, Riggs received a grade of "A" for his congressional voting record. The organization "scored" 11 key votes during Riggs' three terms in Congress and ranked Riggs on those votes, not on a single vote as his opponent alleged. Riggs' votes were on congressional legislation to reduce chain migration; reduce refugee and asylum fraud; reduce amnesty entitlements; reduce anchor baby citizenship; reduce illegal immigration rewards; and reduce illegal immigration at borders. Here's the proof.
The same opponent also claimed in his mailer that Riggs "condemned SB 1070," yet this statement has been on Riggs' website for months: "I strongly support the provisions of SB 1070 that would allow a local law enforcement officer to detain and arrest an individual when they have probable cause to believe that person is an illegal alien violating our country’s immigration laws. – See more at: On the Issues - Frank Riggs. Riggs also has the endorsement and support of former State Senator and State Senate President Russell Pearce, the principal author of SB 1070!Click here to read more
- 2. I'm Endorsing Frank Riggs for Governor, by Russell Pearce
An open letter from former Arizona Senate President Russell Pearce.
Dear Friends and fellow Patriots,
Since my endorsement of former Congressman Frank Riggs for Arizona governor, I have received many calls and emails concerning my choice. Many of these calls have been in support, some asking why I had not acted sooner. Others have been in opposition, and some asking why I had not endorsed someone else. I'll do my best here to explain my decision:
In this Republican primary, there are several running I consider friends. Senator Al Melvin, one of my dearest and loyal friends whom I tried to help qualify for the ballot; Congressman Frank Riggs, whom I have respected since he and Rick Santorum fought corruption together in the US House; former Maricopa Attorney Andy Thomas, a great friend who has fought many battles at my side; and, Secretary of State Ken Bennett, a good friend for many years. They are all good people I’m proud to call my friends.Click here to read more
- 3. Darla Dawald to be Special Guest on Russell Pearce Show - Saturday Night
Please tune in to 960 AM The Patriot and join former Arizona Senate President Russell Pearce and special guest Darla Dawald on Saturday, April 5 at 7:00 pm. Darla is running for the Arizona State Legislature in LD8 against Frank Pratt and T J Shope. Both of these men voted for the Medicaid Expansion. Darla is a constitutional conservative and the National Director of the Patriot Action Network.
Click here to read more
- 4. The Russell Pearce Show: 960AM The Patriot
The Russell Pearce Show has launched on 960AM The Patriot; Arizona’s leading conservative hits weekend primetime radio
(Phoenix, AZ)—The Russell Pearce Show has officially launched on 960AM The Patriot, serving the Phoenix media market and also available live online to a national audience. 960AM The Patriot is owned by Salem Communications, a prominent national Christian and conservative media and publishing company which 99 radio stations in 38 markets, and the conservative blogs Townhall.com and Hotair.com.
The Russell Pearce Show airs live in prime time every Saturdays from 7:00PM to 8:00PM, immediately following Liberty Storm with Shane Krauser, and will feature weekly guests and take calls from listeners. The audience call-in number is (602) 508-0960.
“I am thrilled to once again bring a strong conservative voice to Arizona’s airwaves,” said Russell Pearce. “And I’m excited to continue being a thorn in the side of liberals who think America’s best days are long gone. They’re wrong. Our nation is worth fighting for and Arizona Constitutional conservatives and Tea Party Patriots are proof.”
The Russell Pearce Show will soon launch a corresponding website, Facebook and Twitter page, and Pearce said he would continue his state and national speaking engagements to further energize conservatives in 2014 and beyond.
For more information about former Arizona Senate President Russell Pearce:Click here to read more